PARENT CENTER: WORKBOOKS
Language Stars At School provides student workbooks in pre-K, early- and late-elementary programs to serve as a curriculum guide for your child’s program and to provide reinforcement and practice opportunities.
How to use these books:
Pre-K Curriculum Guide
Your child will bring his/her curriculum guide home after his/her first program. Use this book to:
- review vocabulary with your child using the "Key Vocabulary" pages.
- sing the song at home using the "Song" pages.
- color the "Coloring" pages with your child.
- complete the "Activity" pages with your child.
- use the online pronunciation guide at the LSAS Online Parent Center to hear a native speaker bring these pages to life!
Teachers will link the book to in-class active games and learning, but pre-K students can keep their books at home – no need to bring them to class each week.
Early-Elementary Activity Book
Your child may bring his/her activity book home each week (though some schools prefer to keep them in the classroom). You can use this book to:
- review Vocabulary and Learning Goal pages with your child.
- complete the art and coloring pages with your child (sometimes this will be done in class).
- look over the Activity Sheets your child has done in class, and try incorporating At Home suggestions into your daily routine.
- sing the songs at home using the "Song" pages of the Activity Book.
- play the "Try It At Home" games with your child.
- use the online pronunciation guide at the LSAS Online Student Center.
While we encourage at home review, no part of the activity book is assigned homework; the book and any other home reinforcement is entirely optional. Early-elementary students should bring their activity books to their program each week. Teachers will use activity book pages as a piece of weekly programming, but the main in-class focus will be on active games and activities.
Late-elementary students should bring their workbooks to their program each week. Teachers will use workbook content as a piece of weekly programming, but the main in class focus will be on active games and activities.
We encourage you to review the workbook with your child to:
- review the Unit Summary page to reinforce the Unit’s focus vocabulary and structure.
- review the worksheets your child has done in class.
- support your child with the completion of the Fun at Home Page, which is not mandatory, but still highly recommended to further your child’s learning and progress. We understand that most parents do not have experience in the target language – but you can support your child with your interest and encouragement.
- use the online pronunciation guide at the LSAS Online Parent Center.
Remind your student to bring his/her workbook back to class each week.
"Prior to finding Language Stars, we had canceled our elementary language program because we couldn’t find the quality we required. Since Language Stars started offering regular weekly classes, we couldn’t be more delighted! We have over 125 students taking Spanish, French or Mandarin Chinese with Language Stars, and we are thrilled with the curriculum and delivery. The teachers are outstanding, and the students are really making progress."
Jenifer Lesan, PTA President
Churchill Road Elementary School (McLean, VA)